If you’re a pet owner and dog lover, you probably thought about how to give the best care for your furry friend – from buying the perfect clothes to preparing top-quality kibble. You may have explored all there is to know about the best treatment and care for your dog, but have you explored everything? If you haven’t considered CBD in your list, then this is the perfect place for you to find out how to use CBD for dogs.
Is CBD Safe for Dogs?
Yes, CBD is safe for dogs. There are more and more people using CBD to aid in relieving and reducing anxiety, inflammation, seizures, pain, and even cancer support in dogs. Take note that there are several forms of CBDs to choose from, so it’s going to be a trial-and-error process when determining which CBD is the best one for your dog. Lastly, you have to strictly adhere to your vet’s instructions when giving CBD to your dogs. Also, don’t just let your dogs take CBD without asking for your vet’s opinion and suggestions.
How to Give Your Dog CBD
Now that we’ve established that, how do we give our dogs CBD then? Dogs can be fussy, so we have to experiment with ways we could integrate CBD into their system. Here are some of the most effective ways to do so:
- Use a Dropper: With the right dosage, gently hold your dog’s snout and slide in the dropper. Quickly squeeze in the CBD and make sure you get it all in. There are flavorless varieties of CBDS, so you can opt for this type if your dog is picky.
- Mix CBD in the Kibble: Prepare your kibble, whether it’s dry, wet, or a combination of both, with the CBD extract. However, make sure that you’re adding in the correct dosage. If you have many dogs, keep an eye on them so that you’re sure they’re not sharing food.
- Add CBD to Freeze-Dried Meat: Use freezer-dried meats that are porous so that the extract seeps in thoroughly. Feed the meat depending on the suggested dosage.
- Give CBD-Infused Treats: There are treats sold with CBD infused in them. They come in a lot of varieties, so just pick one that your dog naturally likes so that they enjoy their treats while benefiting from the CBD.
- Incorporate CBD in Treat-Dispensing Toys: We all know how great these treat-dispensing toys are. Our dogs become engaged, have fun, and enjoy a small treat as well. Just add the CBD-infused treat to the toy. Sometimes, some people add peanut butter or coconut oil with CBD on the toy itself so that your dog can lick the CBD.
Things to Consider
We’ve now come to the end part of our blog. Before you get CBD treats and extracts for your dog, there are things to consider first. When choosing your CBD, pick one with great reviews and find quality products. Lastly, strictly follow the suggested dosage for your dog and monitor their reaction to the oil at all times.